|Frostbite by China Glaze|
I chose a simple blue manicure today, free of embellishment and fuss. Blue is said to be a calming color. I'm not quite sure how calming this electrifying blue is, but it is blue nonetheless, and I've left off glittery décor. Did you think I would do a soft baby blue with no bells and whistles? Nope, not me. The best I can do for calm is an electric metallic blue. This shade is Frostbite by China Glaze.
Lately I've been a little stressed with my hectic schedule. Take the kids to school, pick them up, work, cook, laundry, homework, housework, cook, practices, lessons, classes, cook, and did I mention cook? Can you tell how much I don't like to cook?
We all know how hard stress can be on a body, and it's important to keep it to a minimum and know how and when to de-stress when we need to. There are a million ways to do that, and you should find out what works for you. Today is Stress Awareness Day, and I've made a list of 26 ways to smooth out the wrinkles in those brows, and bring a little levity to your heart and mind.
- Do Yoga
- Meditate. Ohmmmmm
- Talk to a friend
- Get a massage
- Read a book
- Cook. But only if you like to do it. That would cause me to go into a stress induced coma
- Listen to music. Maybe stick with soft or slow music, although I'm sure Rap and Rock work too
- Deep breathing
- Have a cup of green or black tea
- Guided visualization
- Chew gum, don't laugh, it's been proven
- Talk about sex, again, it's been proven, I don't have a dirty mind, although I would probably be less stressed if I did.
- Take a nap.
- Hug somebody
- Play with your cat/dog/fish...maybe not fish
- Art therapy
- Take a walk
- Spend time alone
- Kiss someone. Oh la la
- And my favorite, paint your nails
How do you de-stress?
Ciao for now.